Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Here's the first part of my story. Comments welcome... Enjoy!

1

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

Jacob O’Brien, a freelancer for the U.S. government, is browsing through the internet looking for news about an embassy bombing that took place somewhere in Western Europe. As he’s doing this, a loud sound informs him that he has a new e-mail.

“This is just what I needed. Another pain in the ass” he says as he opens the message

When he opens it, he just stares there in shock because of what this strange e-mail with unknown origin said. At first, Jacob thought of it as some sort of prank and left it aside so that he could go home soon. After all, he had been there since 6 in the morning. But as he read the e-mail a second time, Jacob said to himself that all these so-called “threats” have to be taken seriously because of this post 9/11 world we all live in.

After he read the e-mail he grabbed the phone and called his employers at Langley
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LANGLEY, VIRGINIA
CIA HEADQUATERS

CIA director Anthony Benson had arrived to his office a little over an hour ago and he was reading his newspaper. For him, being there was a dream, but also a huge risk and responsibility. He was a man that took the law seriously and he didn’t accept weaknesses from his team. Suddenly, one of his secretaries rushes into the room.

“Director Benson?” she said

“What is it, Jen?”

“Jacob O’Brien is calling you from Sydney. He says it’s urgent”

“Thank you” he said and grabbed the phone

“Mr. O’Brien”

“Morning, sir. I have news. Unfortunately, they’re not the kind of news we like” O’Brien said, disappointed

“Spit ‘em out” Benson demanded

“Sir, I received an unknown e-mail saying that a series of attacks against the United States are about to take place. It doesn’t mention time. Could be a day or a year. I just did my job reporting this”

“All right, Jacob. Thank you very much for this. I’ll look into it and I’ll execute the proper procedures. Inform me if you find something else”

“Will do, sir” Jacob answered and Benson hung up. He pushed a button on the intercom and called his secretary.
“Jen?”

“Yes, sir?” she answered on the other end.

“Tell agent Levine to bring his ass up here now”

“Will do, sir” she said and Benson turned off the intercom. He leaned his head back and sighed

“This will be a very long day”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Downstairs in the main bullpen, agent Stephen Levine was in front of his desk finishing paperwork to close an investigation. Levine was considered one of the agency’s top agents and was happy with the life he had. Suddenly, he feels a presence behind him. He turns around to see who it is.

“I’m sorry if I scared you”

“What is it, Jen?” he asked, confused

“Director Benson wants to see you in his office right now. I guess it’s important”

“Sure” he said as he got up of his desk and followed Jen to Benson’s office. Stephen knocked on the door.

“Come on in” Benson said with a hand gesture. Levine entered and sat on the chair facing his boss.

“What’s going on, sir?”

“What I’m about to tell you is confidential… One of our freelancers just informed me that a series of attacks against this country could be happening on an unknown timeframe. I want you to investigate this further. Bring me whatever you find. Where’s Crawford?”

“Off duty, sir. She took the day off”

“Call her in. We are going to need her expertise… what the hell are you waiting for?? Call her now!” Benson demanded.

“Fine, sir” Levine said as he stood up and headed for the door.

“Wait. Levine?” he said. Levine turned around

“Don’t forget it: this is between you and I”

“Yes, sir” Stephen said and walked out of the room.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADAMS- MORGAN
WASHINGTON D.C.
CIA agent Marcia Crawford was having breakfast with her boyfriend, a high-ranked Department of Defense member called Gavin Seaborn. They had been together for almost nine months, and out of those nine months, they had little time to spend together. As Marcia and Gavin are making out, the phone rings. Gavin picks it up

“Hello?” he said

“Good morning. I’d like to speak to Marcia Crawford”

“Who is this?”

“I’m Anthony Benson. Her boss”

“Hold on” Gavin said and headed to the living room where Marcia was lying in the couch.

“It’ s your boss”

“My boss? Are you sure?” Marcia said and took the phone away from Gavin.

“This is Crawford”

“Hello, Marcia. I’m sorry to bother you, but I need you to come here now”

“What for?” she said as Gavin could sense the disappointment in her voice.

“I can’t tell you over the phone, but it’s something about National Security. Look, I’m only gonna need you for a few hours, then you can go”

“Fine. I should be there in an hour” Marcia said and hung up the phone. Gavin looked at her eyes

“What was that all about?” he said while kissing her neck

“My boss says there’s a situation and I have to go there. But don’t worry, I’ll be back soon… Oh, God. I love you so much” Marcia gave Gavin a kiss on the lips before she got out of the house and drove off in her car.

None of these people know that their own little hell is about to unleash….

TO BE CONTINUED…

3 Comments:

Blogger Luis Alberto Losada said...

Hey! Somebody told me about you. You can visit me at allyouwishatnight.blogspot.com. Do it.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Luis Alberto Losada said...

Yo! I read your writing and it's awesome! The story is great! Congratulations!!
See ya!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Luis Alberto Losada said...

I heard about you from a teacher of your school, who told me that you wrote scripts... And I saw that she was right...
I study english and ms. Brita is my teacher. She told me about you.
Well!
See ya!!
Txito

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home