Friday, April 28, 2006

Hi. Screw the message I put the other. Even though I'm stressed out and full of shit from school, here's chapter 7. Since chapter 8 is a short one, it'll be online sometime between tonight and tomorrow

Enjoy and don't forget to drop a line....!

The Author

7SIX DAYS LATER...ST MARY'S HOSPITALARLINGTON, VIRGINIA
Stephen and Dave were sitting in a waiting room, watching how people passed by. It had been 6 days already since that incident and everything was the same. Before and after work they went there to get news, but everyday all they saw was Marcia lying in a bed, lost inside herself. Levine was devastated because he refused to lose his only ally in the agency and Sanders too, because he had already developed a special connection with her. As they were waiting in silence, a doctor approached them.
"Gentlemen, my name's Dr. Lynch" he said nicely
"I'm Dave Sanders and this is Stephen Levine" he said and both men shook hands with him.
"Doc. It would really help us if you told us something about her condition. We've been hanging by a thread for the past few days" Levine said trying to mantain his composture.
"Ms. Crawford's condition is stable. There's no death risk now, as there was 4 days ago. So she's gonna make it. But the bad news is that I don't know when she's gonna wake up. That's not up to me. That's up to her" Dr. Lynch explained. Levine and Sanders felt a big relief.
"Thanks for the information, Doc. Dave, I'm getting coffee from downstairs. You want some?"
"Sure. I'll stick around" Sanders said. Levine went downstairs and Dave saw through the window to the room. A tear fell from his eye as his vision fixated on Crawford's unconscious self.
"It's unbelievable the pain a man blinded by hate can cause to an innocent woman like her"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, in the room, a hand started to move slowly. A faint voice was heard and Marcia's eyes slowly started to open. She was lost and had no idea how long it had been, where she was at or what had happened. And to top that off, there were no known faces around to help her. Suddenly, the door of her room opened and Sanders entered, putting himself in front of her.
"Hey, punk" she said weakly. She couldn't speak up loud.
"Hi... I'm so glad you're okay. You had us very worried, you know?" Sanders answered and gave Marcia a hug.
"I had no idea you were gonna be here. I thought..." as she was speaking, Sanders interrupted her.
"Try not to speak much. I'm gonna call a doctor, but I'll be right back, gorgeous" he said and left. A few minutes later, Dave returned with Levine and Dr. Lynch.
"Marcia Crawford?" he asked. Taking Dave's advice, she just nodded.
"My name's Doctor Robert Lynch. I'm gonna try to answer any questions you might have"
"First of all: Where am I?"
"At St. Mary's. In Arlington"
"How long has it been?"
"Six days"
"If I've been out six days, how have I fed?"
"Through I.V. Check your left arm" he said. She did but got scared. One of her childhood fears were needles.
"What happened?"
"That I can't tell you. I'm gonna leave you with your friends now. If you need something..."
"She'll be fine" Stephen answered for her and the doctor left.
"How you feelin'?"
"I feel like I'm gonna be sick" she said and puked on a bucket.
"Wow, Crawford. That's gross... It's so great you're okay. We all thought you were gonna die. Dave told me all the things they did to you" Levine said while putting his head on her shoulder.
"Awww... get a grip, Levine!! I mean it... No, I don't. Can you leave me alone with Sanders for a sec?"
"Don't make it too long. We have to go" Levine said and left.
"Thank you from the bottom of my heart for saving me, punk. I wouldn't be here now if it weren't for you" Marcia said and gave him a kiss. For a moment, Dave's mind turned black. Was an attraction for her growing? Or was it just an impulse of the moment?. They looked at each other and Sanders walked away because Stephen was waiting for him. Marcia looked up to the ceiling.
"Oh, God. What have I done?" she said to herself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
SOMEWHERE IN VIRGINIA...
O'Shea had been hiding for the past six days in a house on Southern Virginia. He felt that, in order to avoid getting caught by the Americans, he was going to have to plan his escape. Leave to somewhere in Europe, or maybe Asia. Somewhere he could execute his plans freely, without worries. And he was certain Marcia wouldn't speak because she hadn't seen his face and without that, there was no evidence. A membe of the ELA named James entered O'Shea's hideout.
"Sir, I just wanted to let you know that the details for your extraction are almost set. You'll leave to Australia tomorrow at 6:00 AM. The plane is on a private airfield east of here"
"Thank you. And are my papers and everything else in place?"
"Yes. No one will ever know that you left. That way you can plan it all without the americans after you" James answered.
"Good. You can go now" O'Shea said and closed the door. From a briefcase, he took out a passport and several other documents. He enters a bathroom and starts changing his appereance for that of one of the men in the pictures.
"You have no idea what expects you, bunch of idiots. This is going to be interesting" he said as he put on a pair of eye contacts.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
GEORGETOWNWASHINGTON D.C.
Sanders had invited Levine to his place to chill and celebrate "the old times". After all, they deserved it after almost a week of hard emotions and stressful situations. Time passed by and both men were a little bit drunk, so Levine decided to get some "confessions" out of Sanders.
"Whatever happened to our friendship?"
"You replaced me for a hot chick" Dave said and laughed.
"Oh, that's harsh. And... what did she want with you back in the hospital??"
"Show me 'her appreciation'. She's into me badly"
"Marcia? Into you?? Unbelievable!!! I've been into her since the second I saw her!!"
"Too bad" Sanders said and laughed.
"So... What lies ahead for all of us? I mean, from now on everything starts to change"
"I'm not God, so I don't know. But don't think about what's next. Think about the present, man. That's what life is all about. And I drink to that" Sanders replied and poured himself another tequila shot. The fact that he was drunk didn't mean he couldn't do some wise thoughts.
"I guess you're right. Tomorrow's another day, so I should get going... and you, stop drinking" Levine said. As he was about to reach the door, Sanders stopped him.
"Wait. It's kinda late to grab a cab. So why don't you crash here tonight? Besides, you've been drinking and last thing you need is to do something really stupid" Sanders offered.
"Look who's saying that. But maybe you're right, so I'll stay" Stephen said. He left his stuff where they originally were and crashed on Sanders' couch.
"Another day, another story" he said and fell asleep.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
LANGLEY, VIRGINIACIA HEADQUATERS
Sanders and Levine arrived late to work with a killing headache due to 'secondary effects' of alcohol. They were not in the situation room, waiting to have a 'private chat' with Benson.
"Good morning, gentlemen. You're late. And you stink of alcohol. If I didn't understand what you're going through, I would fire you right now" Benson said. Surprisingly, there was no anger in his voice.
"Good morning, sir" they replied back, ashamed.
"Before we start, I would like to know how have you been. You know, after..."
"Better now. Agent Crawford came to yesterday. She should be released from the hospital in two, three days"
"I'm glad to hear that. Tell her to take some time off. Until she feels ready to come back"
"Yes, sir" Levine answered. Inmediately after that, they went back to business.
"Okay, fellas. Back to the investigation: As you may know, we were able to retrieve a voice sample from our mystery man. We are getting close to a match. Sanders, I want you to see a sketch artist and describe him what your boss looked like. The more help we can get, the better"
"And after that, what?"
"Once we find him we'll decide the course of action. All of our informants around the world are on high alert. That's all for now, gentlemen" Benson said and dismissed them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You got plans for lunch?" Dave asked Stephen as they were working on their desks.
"Nah. I'm going to Marcia's. She asked me if I could go to her house and bring her some stuff"
"I can go with you. I mean, if you want to"
"As you please" Levine said and sighed.
"It's just... the exaustion. It wouldn't surprise me if you, me and Crawford end up in therapy"
"Same here. But remember what I told you the day Benson gave me the ELA assignment: Take a look at the bright side of this"
"Guess I have no choice but to do so. Look, I got a ton of work to do, so... I'll see you at 3?"
"Okay" Sanders said and left to his desk nearby. Levine looked at his partner's empty desk before snapping back to reality.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3:30 PMADAMS-MORGANWASHINGTON D.C.
Stephen and Dave pulled up to Marcia's house. Everything seemed the same since the last time Levine had been there: a little over a month ago.
"Let's get this over with" Levine told his ex-partner. They entered the house and were recieved with a shocking surprise. The house was completely thrashed and most of the things were either broken or gone.
"This is revenge taken to a whole new level"
"Huh?" Sanders replied, still not understanding what Levine was talking about.
"Crawford's ex. He did it to scare her"
"Let's just... let's just get the stuff, tell her and go. I don't like being here" Dave said. Between the two of them gathered what they could and drove off to St. Mary's.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OCEANVIEW AIRSTRIPSYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
The private plane that had O'Shea in it landed in a private airstrip in Australia. He looked out the window and a driver was waiting for him. As soon as the plane stopped, he got out to the dark night.
"Good evening, Mr. Rodgers" the driver replied. O'Shea/Rodgers got in the car.
"You know where to go" he said and the driver took off to a hotel in the city. O'Shea/Rodgers text-messaged someone. The text message read: EXTRACTION SUCCESSFUL. LET THE REAL GAMES BEGIN.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back at the airstrip O'Shea didn't notice it, but a photographer (a freelancer paid by the CIA) took some snapshots of him. These snapshots will play an important part in the investigation later on. This "photographer" calls Jacob O'Brien to inform him.
"What's going on?" O'Brien asked.
"I got some pictures that might be useful to you and our employers. I'm going to develop these now. They should be by tomorrow morning in your hands"
"Thank you very much" he replied. The photographer hung up, got in his jeep and drove to his studio.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE NEXT DAY...LANGLEY, VIRGINIACIA HEADQUATERS
Benson had just recieved the snapshots of O'Shea, courtesy of Jacob O'Brien. He felt proud of himself because he thought this would be the chance he was waiting for. To top it off an electronics expert knocked on the door.
"Come inside, Will" Benson replied. Will sat facing him.
"What do you have?"
"A match. It took time and effort, but finally we have it. The voice belongs to a man named John O'Shea. That's all I have so far, 'cause you pay other agents to dig up the records"
"Thank you. Now get back to work" Benson said and dismissed Will. He then called Jen through the intercom.
"Jen, call Levine and Sanders. Tell them to bring their asses here. We got world to do"
"Only Levine is in the office. Sanders has the day off. Do I call him anyways?"
"Yes. Thank you, Jen" he said and cut the intercom. A half-smile formed on his face.
"Now the tablas have turned and the time to pay has come, bastard" he said to himself. His revenge was underway.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ST MARY'S HOSPITALARLINGTON, VIRGINIA
Marcia was getting ready to leave the hospital. Sanders was accompanying her at the time. After 2 days of observation, doctors decided she could go home under Sanders' care. He grabbed a bag with her belongings and led her out.
"Why did you get me out? I mean, you didn't have to" Marcia asked as they approached his car.
"Yeah, but I wanted you to be safe. After you" he said and opened her door. Sanders drove off inmediately.
"How are you feelin'?" he asked as he drove and Marcia stared out the window.
"Good, but not 100% better. I want to come back to work as soon as possible"
"Why?"
"Because now it's personal. I can't wait to get my hands on this jackass. Where are we going?"
"You're staying at my place and you can stay as long as you want, precious"
"Thanks" she replied. After a brief silence, Marcia decided to ask about the investigation.
"How's work?"
"Last I heard we are close to ID this guy. What Benson wants to do next is not of my knowledge. But don't worry about that now. You'll catch up when you come back" Sanders said, comforting her. After 30 minutes of driving, they got to his place in Georgetown. He prepared a room for her and walked to the door, catching her attention.
"Where are you going?"
"I'm going to Langley for a while. Just to catch up. Make yourself at home and I'll be back soon" he said and closed the door. Marcia laid on his bed and closed her eyes but flashbacks of her accident and kidnapping made Marcia scream, waking her up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYDNEY GRAND HOTELSYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
O'Shea had decided to check in a downtown hotel as a businessman on one of his multiple trips. For that he used a series of false documents, but the woman who booked him wasn't suspicious. It's better that way, he said to himself and went to his room, That was an hour ago. Now he was inside an elegant room. The bed was full of information that would help him with another step of his plans. A photo of Marcia laid in the middle of this. The threats weren't over and he was going to kill her no matter what.
"There is no way I'm getting caught. They still think I'm in the U.S. and they're gonna be so busy looking for me that they don't see what's among them. It's time americans learn a lesson" he said and turned his computer on. From a satellite survelliance system he watched the CIA headquaters and the action taking place there.
"You've been officially outsmarted"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MEANWHILE...LANGLEY, VIRGINIACIA HEADQUATERS
Without knowing they're being watched. Benson was briefing Levine on the latest developments. As he was doing this a knock on the door interrupted them. It's Sanders. He opens the door and sits on the chair facing his boss.
"What are you doing here?" Benson asked because he didn't understand what Sanders was doing.
"I just dropped by. I would like to be informed of what's going on"
" I was developing a strategy with Levine. We have an ID on the mystery man..."
"His name is John O'Shea. Irish businessman with ties to several terrorist organizations. He's one of the leaders of the European Liberation Army. He is also behind the metro bombing in Manhattan, the car bomb and Crawford's abduction, just to name a few"
"Where is he? And what's the strategy?"
"I recieved some pictures from our australian informant, Jacob O'Brien. He was spotted leaving an airfield in Sydney. We analyzed the images and confirmed the identity. It's him. Our strategy is the following: Benson is going to send 2 agents to Sydney to do a following on him. Undefinately. Details have to be figured out" as Levine explained this, Dave remembered what Marcia had told him earlier.
"Who are the agents?" he asked.
"I want you and Levine to go because of your involvement in this..."
"Can I propose somebody?"
"Who?"
"Crawford. She's..." as he was talking, Benson cut him off inmediately.
"No.No.No. I don't want her involved in this. It's too much. Tell her I want her to see a therapist, by the way. As a matter of fact, I want the 3 of you in therapy" Benson said angrily.
"Can I finish my point? Thanks. She could be a vital part in this because she's been through so much and is the first person that wants to get her hands on him"
"Are you out of your mind??" Levine exclaimed.
"Look. If you're worried about her safety I'll be responsible for that. If something happens to her you can fire me" Dave replied. Levine was shocked to hear this and Benson, after giving it a lot of thought gave his veredict.
"Fair enough. But if something happens, consider yourself fired"
"Thank you, sir. Excuse me" Sanders said and exited the room. Benson looked at Levine, not understanding what had happened.
"I want you to go along to keep an eye on them. Go to Sanders' tonight and brief him, but don't tell him you're going too"
"Yes, sir"
"You can go now" Benson said. Levine grabbed his binder and left.
"It's not the enemy that's gonna kill me one of these days. But my own agents" he said and sighed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GEORGETOWNWASHINGTON D.C.
Sanders pulled up to his house and found Marcia fixing herself a drink. She was pale and really scared. This made him undecided whether she was actually ready to go or not.
"Hey. What's going on?" he asked kindly as he approached her.
"I tried to sleep, but all I see is flashbacks. I thought alcohol could help"
"Marcia. I need to tell you something. Why don't you sit down?"
"Who died?"
"Nobody...I, uh...we found him and, uh...I told Benson you can come with me. But I risked my job for you"
"You what???!!!. Why?"
"3 reasons: One, what you said to me before had some influence. Two, I care for you. And three..." Sanders' lip started to tremble as he got there. Crawford read his expression easily.
"Do you love me?" she asked.
"What?"
"You heard me. Do you love me? Answer me!!!" she told him. His response was a kiss on the lips. Marcia liked this and started to make out with him. They fell to his couch as this spectacle continued.
"I do. I do" he kept on telling her. With that, nothing else mattered for both of them. They were just waiting for this to end so that they can start again somewhere else.
TO BE CONTINUED.....


M U S I C G U I D E

* "Family Affair" by Abra Moore. Song in the hospital until Sanders approaches an awoken Marcia.

* "Hands Up" by Black Eyed Peas. Song playing at Dave's.

* "Lover I don't Have To Love" by Bright Eyes. Song playing on Sanders' car.

* "Christiansands" by Tricky. Song playing at Sanders'.

* "They (Cut Chemist Remix)" by Jem. Song playing when Sanders gets home.

* "She will Be Loved" by Maroon 5. Song playing when Dave and Marcia kiss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home