Okay. I'm a woman of word and here's chapter 8. But before proceeding to the story, I would like to say this is somehow symbolic for me, 'cause chapter 8 closes a cycle: the first part (or FIRST REPORT), and is the culmination of a part of something that has taken me a lot of time and effort to put together. The SECOND REPORT is on the works now, and opposite the first one, it's going to have a more personal view. After this, I'm taking a break, but every now and then I'll be posting things.
Thank you so much to all the people that has visited this place, family, friends and especially to my creative partner Luis (Txito) for his encouragement and support (and for the title!). I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!! IT'S YOU THAT KEEPS ME GOING!!!
And with nothing to add, here's chapter 8. Enjoy and drop a line
Nicole.
8
THREE DAYS LATER...DULLES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
WASHINGTON D.C.
Sanders and Crawford were in the check-in counter getting their tickets. They were holding hands and smiling. Part of their ID change was to pose as husband and wife. It was hard at first, but now they were used to it. The attendant handled them the tickets and passports.
"Have a nice flight, Mr. & Mrs. Scofield" she told them. They sat on a bench and watched people pass by them.
"It feels weird, you know. To pretend you're somebody you're not" he told her. Sanders spotted glasses and a goatee now. His eyes had a new color and his new name was J.J.Scofield.
"Yeah, and even more when we are... you know. Seeing each other". Marcia now spotted shorter hair. She had passed from brunette to blonde and her eyes were clearer. Her new ID was Lindsay Scofield.
"I don't think so. But this 'journey' might be useful to create a deeper bond. Not to mention the experience" J.J./Dave said. He looked at the departure board. Their flight was going to leave in an hour. He started to think about his own experience in the airport. Marcia took him out of his thoughts.
"This is like a cycle. We both have been here before doing our jobs, and here we are. Once again" Lindsay/Marcia replied.
"Could be. How are you holding up?"
"Not so good.I know that the thing of my threats isn't over and that I'm gonna have to face psychological therapy, possibly an internal investigation. Not to mention my own issues" she said.
"I'm gonna be here with you every step of the way. But let's not talk about that now, okay? Let's go get something to eat" he proposes. They grabbed their things and walked to the other side of the terminal. From a distance, Levine (also disguised) was watching them.
"Note to self: He stole my partner. Two: I hate my job more than ever because this is pure nonsense. And three: Crawford looks like a bitch in blond. She looks better as a brunette.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
O'Shea had gone out for a walk, just like everybody. The streets were crowded, so nobody noticed him. From the other side, Jacob O'Brien headed to pick up some pictures, or so he claimed. O'Shea had no idea who this guy was, but Jacob knew John better than the palm of his hand. Once the two of them were distant and going separate ways O'Brien walked to a cafe where a man named Brian Sullivan was expecting him. Sullivan was in charage of CIA operations in Australia.
"Brian" Jacob said.
"Have a seat" he replied. O'Brien sat while Sullivan ordered for both.
"I assume you've been apprised of everything that's been going on lately"
"That's why they pay me. To be ahead of the world" Sullivan said sarcastically.
"I got a task for you, Brian. Listen to me carefully"
"I'm listening"
"Director Benson is sending a couple of undercover agents down here to follow him. Officially, they're doing their job. Unofficially, they're 'rogue', 'cause he's not supporting them".
"It means that technically, they're on their own?"
"Yes. Your job is to help them in whatever is needed, and most importantly help them to stay alive. Set the whole thing. Everything you need to know is in this file: Who we're looking for, who the agents are, etc... Here". From a backpack O'Brien took out a large, thick file and handled it to Sullivan.
"Now get the hell outta here, kid. See ya at the airport" he replied. Jacob quickly left and Brian stayed for a few minutes as he took a look at the file.
"Smart move. As of now these two operate under my authority" he said to himself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOMEWHERE BETWEEN WASHINGTON AND SYDNEY...
J.J./Dave assumed the flight had been on the air for approximatelt 5 hours. Out of those 5 hours, all he had done was eat and watch a crappy movie. Now he was reading the plane's magazine while his 'wife' was half asleep. Suddenly, he felt a touch in his shoulder. It was Marcia.
"Geez, honey. Get a grip"
"Bite me"
"What do you want?"
"Since we're not working I thought we could use the time to at least get to know each other a little deeper. All I know about you is that your name is Dave Sanders. You're a CIA agent and my partner's ex-partner. You saved my life nad claim you love me. And if we're gonna be posing as husband and wife, a trust exercise is the least I can ask for" Lindsay/ Marcia said. She thought things between them were going too fast.
"Okay. What do I know about you?. Your name is Marcia Alexandra Crawford. Born July 20th, 1970 in Baltimore, Maryland. Dead mother. Retired father. Only child. Went to Georgetown and graduated with a degree in International Analysis. Joined the CIA 2 1/2 years ago thanks to a friend. Has worked in many terrorism- related cases. Was being held by the European Liberation Army until I came to the rescue. Partnered with Stephen Levine and myself. Beautiful woman, bright mind and single thanks to a bittersweet breakup with ex Gavin Seaborn. Works for you?" he said. She was shocked and impressed.
"You went through my file??!"
"Uh-huh. I spoke to Levine as well. I still have to dig deeper, but I did my homework. And you owe me a date"
"I know, but you know...I don't believe in facts put together in a file. And I don't give a damn if I know the basic shit about you. I believe in getting to know people through sharing, punk. So, apart from catching the S.O.B., I would like to use this trip to get to know you better and let time do the rest" she striked back. Sanders thought she was right.
"Why don't you go back to sleep? We'll deal with this tomorrow"
"Tomorrow we'll be J.J. & Lindsay Scofield. Not Sanders and Crawford"
"We'll make it happen" he said and put on his headphones. Marcia fell asleep again. Sanders moved her head slowly and softly and put it in his shoulder. After a while he fell asleep too while music sounded on. Tomorrow will be another day. Another task and another destiny. Another way of living life. The chance of a fresh start was near.
TO BE CONTINUED....
END OF FIRST REPORT
M U S I C G U I D E
* "Quiet Village" by Martin Denny. Song playing in the cafe when O'Brien and Sullivan meet.
* "Sommersault" by Zero 7. Song on Dave's headphones in the plane.
Thank you so much to all the people that has visited this place, family, friends and especially to my creative partner Luis (Txito) for his encouragement and support (and for the title!). I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!! IT'S YOU THAT KEEPS ME GOING!!!
And with nothing to add, here's chapter 8. Enjoy and drop a line
Nicole.
8
THREE DAYS LATER...DULLES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
WASHINGTON D.C.
Sanders and Crawford were in the check-in counter getting their tickets. They were holding hands and smiling. Part of their ID change was to pose as husband and wife. It was hard at first, but now they were used to it. The attendant handled them the tickets and passports.
"Have a nice flight, Mr. & Mrs. Scofield" she told them. They sat on a bench and watched people pass by them.
"It feels weird, you know. To pretend you're somebody you're not" he told her. Sanders spotted glasses and a goatee now. His eyes had a new color and his new name was J.J.Scofield.
"Yeah, and even more when we are... you know. Seeing each other". Marcia now spotted shorter hair. She had passed from brunette to blonde and her eyes were clearer. Her new ID was Lindsay Scofield.
"I don't think so. But this 'journey' might be useful to create a deeper bond. Not to mention the experience" J.J./Dave said. He looked at the departure board. Their flight was going to leave in an hour. He started to think about his own experience in the airport. Marcia took him out of his thoughts.
"This is like a cycle. We both have been here before doing our jobs, and here we are. Once again" Lindsay/Marcia replied.
"Could be. How are you holding up?"
"Not so good.I know that the thing of my threats isn't over and that I'm gonna have to face psychological therapy, possibly an internal investigation. Not to mention my own issues" she said.
"I'm gonna be here with you every step of the way. But let's not talk about that now, okay? Let's go get something to eat" he proposes. They grabbed their things and walked to the other side of the terminal. From a distance, Levine (also disguised) was watching them.
"Note to self: He stole my partner. Two: I hate my job more than ever because this is pure nonsense. And three: Crawford looks like a bitch in blond. She looks better as a brunette.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
O'Shea had gone out for a walk, just like everybody. The streets were crowded, so nobody noticed him. From the other side, Jacob O'Brien headed to pick up some pictures, or so he claimed. O'Shea had no idea who this guy was, but Jacob knew John better than the palm of his hand. Once the two of them were distant and going separate ways O'Brien walked to a cafe where a man named Brian Sullivan was expecting him. Sullivan was in charage of CIA operations in Australia.
"Brian" Jacob said.
"Have a seat" he replied. O'Brien sat while Sullivan ordered for both.
"I assume you've been apprised of everything that's been going on lately"
"That's why they pay me. To be ahead of the world" Sullivan said sarcastically.
"I got a task for you, Brian. Listen to me carefully"
"I'm listening"
"Director Benson is sending a couple of undercover agents down here to follow him. Officially, they're doing their job. Unofficially, they're 'rogue', 'cause he's not supporting them".
"It means that technically, they're on their own?"
"Yes. Your job is to help them in whatever is needed, and most importantly help them to stay alive. Set the whole thing. Everything you need to know is in this file: Who we're looking for, who the agents are, etc... Here". From a backpack O'Brien took out a large, thick file and handled it to Sullivan.
"Now get the hell outta here, kid. See ya at the airport" he replied. Jacob quickly left and Brian stayed for a few minutes as he took a look at the file.
"Smart move. As of now these two operate under my authority" he said to himself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOMEWHERE BETWEEN WASHINGTON AND SYDNEY...
J.J./Dave assumed the flight had been on the air for approximatelt 5 hours. Out of those 5 hours, all he had done was eat and watch a crappy movie. Now he was reading the plane's magazine while his 'wife' was half asleep. Suddenly, he felt a touch in his shoulder. It was Marcia.
"Geez, honey. Get a grip"
"Bite me"
"What do you want?"
"Since we're not working I thought we could use the time to at least get to know each other a little deeper. All I know about you is that your name is Dave Sanders. You're a CIA agent and my partner's ex-partner. You saved my life nad claim you love me. And if we're gonna be posing as husband and wife, a trust exercise is the least I can ask for" Lindsay/ Marcia said. She thought things between them were going too fast.
"Okay. What do I know about you?. Your name is Marcia Alexandra Crawford. Born July 20th, 1970 in Baltimore, Maryland. Dead mother. Retired father. Only child. Went to Georgetown and graduated with a degree in International Analysis. Joined the CIA 2 1/2 years ago thanks to a friend. Has worked in many terrorism- related cases. Was being held by the European Liberation Army until I came to the rescue. Partnered with Stephen Levine and myself. Beautiful woman, bright mind and single thanks to a bittersweet breakup with ex Gavin Seaborn. Works for you?" he said. She was shocked and impressed.
"You went through my file??!"
"Uh-huh. I spoke to Levine as well. I still have to dig deeper, but I did my homework. And you owe me a date"
"I know, but you know...I don't believe in facts put together in a file. And I don't give a damn if I know the basic shit about you. I believe in getting to know people through sharing, punk. So, apart from catching the S.O.B., I would like to use this trip to get to know you better and let time do the rest" she striked back. Sanders thought she was right.
"Why don't you go back to sleep? We'll deal with this tomorrow"
"Tomorrow we'll be J.J. & Lindsay Scofield. Not Sanders and Crawford"
"We'll make it happen" he said and put on his headphones. Marcia fell asleep again. Sanders moved her head slowly and softly and put it in his shoulder. After a while he fell asleep too while music sounded on. Tomorrow will be another day. Another task and another destiny. Another way of living life. The chance of a fresh start was near.
TO BE CONTINUED....
END OF FIRST REPORT
M U S I C G U I D E
* "Quiet Village" by Martin Denny. Song playing in the cafe when O'Brien and Sullivan meet.
* "Sommersault" by Zero 7. Song on Dave's headphones in the plane.


1 Comments:
Well, Marcia Alexandra Crawford!! Luis Of Castile is now preparing his counter attack to the whole world, but I gave myself time to post ya, because it's worth to post YOUR Operation Terror!
Congrats again for what ya do... But I'd like to see Castilian in action!!
Hug!
Txito
Post a Comment
<< Home